Thanks to the help of some friends we have the ranking for the Top 13 Scream Queens!!!
Where did your fav rank?
13. Famke Janssen – Deep Rising (1998), The Faculty (1998), House on Haunted Hill (1999), Hide and Seek (2005), Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013), Hemlock Grove (2013 – present)
Although she has rarely played a good person in scary movies, she’s been in enough of them to make the list. She is beautiful that’s undeniable! Most of you know her as Jean Grey in the X-Men movies but her Horror themed TV ‘Hemlock Grove’ has one more season next summer and of course the Taken movies. I mean basically you should go back and give her a second chance because she’s an HBIC.
12. Ali Larter – House on Haunted Hill (1999), Final Destination (2000), Final Destination 2 (2003), Resident Evil: Extinction (2007), Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)
I feel like Ali is basically in everything and I love her, except in Obsessed…it was so bad! But that could be blamed on bad writing and Beyonce’s shitty weave. She made us believe people could live in the Final Destination movies…until of course she got killed. Her characters are also vastly different from each other and even different in their sequels.
11. Courtney Cox – Scream (1996), Scream 2 (1997), Scream 3 (2000), Scream 4 (2011)
Honestly Courtney deserved to be higher on the list than she is. It’s hard when ya’ll are misted by Sidney Prescott because she the main victim…heroine I suppose, but let’s not forget that Gale Weathers was such a bitch you couldn’t help but love her. Don’t listen to me…I’ll let her speak for herself
10. Jennifer Love Hewitt – I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997), I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998), Ghost Whisperer (2005-2010)
How did this bitch live? I’m so happy that you all didn’t allow her to rank high on the list. Jennifer girl if you didn’t have that line ‘What are you waiting for?’ you would have had no saving grace. Julie was the most pathetic final girl ever and yet somehow still lived. I can’t!
9. Heather Langenkamp – A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987), Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (1994)
Heather is great! Laying low in the first part of the movie when you think the other girl is the star because she’s a blonde and the focus of the beginning. But let us remember brunettes are pretty much always the final girl…blondes die. Although her character was killed off in the third she came full circle by playing ‘herself’ being terrorized by Freddy in the real world.
8. Heather O’Rourke – Poltergeist (1982), Poltergeist II (1986), Poltergeist III (1988)
Heather may she rest in peace….but I’ll say it…she was creepy as fuck in the first movie. Which let me add if you haven’t seen the first Poltergeist call me I’ll bring it over! Her innocence makes her captivating on screen with all of this crazy stuff going on around her.
7. Milla Jovovich – Resident Evil (2002), Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004), Resident Evil: Extinction (2007), The Fourth Kind (2009), Resident Evil: After Life (2010), Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
Never a victim there is no question this lady kicks ass! Most will condemn the movies for the storyline being all over the place but as far as entertaining zombie movies go these are pretty good for action. They have one more movie coming out and then the series will be wrapped up. Important thing to remember is that her character is not from the games and has carried this movie series without being overshadowed by one of the characters from the video games.
6. Dee Wallace – The Hills Have Eyes (1977), The Howling (1981), Cujo (1983), Critters (1986), The Frighteners (1996), Halloween (2007)
Dee Wallace has been running from scary shit before most of us were born! Cujo is a crazy movie to watch but she really delivers her performance. The fear is real! Take a trip back down memory lane and watch her movies if you haven’t already. I mean we are talking about ET’s mom after all!
5. Danielle Harris – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988), Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989), Urban Legend (1998), Halloween (2007), Halloween 2 (2009)
She’s actually in a shit ton more scary movies but I didn’t list the non main stream ones. She is the ultimate Scream Queen of the new age when it comes to appearances in scary movies. Anyone who has seen the original series is probably wondering how here 7 year old self survived but in the reboot sequels she was a pretty tough chick.
4. Neve Campbell – The Craft (1996), Scream (1996), Scream 2 (1997), Scream 3 (2000), Scream 4 (2011)
There is no arguing that people love Neve Campbell in the scream movies she owns her shit as the emotionally damaged Sidney. The Scream series will always be a classic and part of that is because of Neve/Sidney. Let’s not forget the sympathy she got playing the burned girl Bonnie in The Craft…total butterfly transformation!
3. Sarah Michelle Gellar – Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003), I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997), Scream 2 (1997), The Grudge (2004), The Grudge 2 (2006), The Return (2006)
The scream queen who rarely lived but owned her shit! Some of you may think this was rigged because I love her but I can promise you that it wasn’t that’s why I had people rank them for me. SMG is great I mean look how long it took to kill her in I Know What You Did Last Summer….20 something minutes and several other bodies later before she got killed, oh and she actually fought back! Scream 2 I mean bitch should not have gone upstairs! Let’s also remember the 7 years she put in as a Vampire slayer…she is the ultimate of our generation.
2. Sigourney Weaver – Alien (1979), Ghostbusters (1984), Aliens (1986), Ghostbusters 2 (1989), Alien 3 (1992), Alien Resurrection (1997), The Cabin in the Woods (2012)
There is no question that Sigourney is a badass! Honestly like don’t even try! Each movie was a different Ellen Ripley played flawlessly by Mrs. Weaver. In fact of everyone on the list she is the only one who get an Oscar nomination for her performance in one of the Horror films so….
1. Jamie Lee Curtis – Halloween (1978), The Fog (1980), Prom Night (1980), Terror Train (1980), Hallowen 2 (1981), Halloween H2O (1998), Virus (1999), Halloween: Resurrection (2002)
Was this even a question? Thanks to the Halloween movies we have Jamie Lee Curtis the ultimate Badass survivor. The first two movies you really root for her to survive the maniac brother of hers. If anyone ever said she isn’t the ultimate scream queen well there’s a special place in hell for them!
Like, Comment, Share, Follow!!!